Risk analysis of energy supply shortage
We are in the middle of the first true global energy crisis. MORCHEM has evaluated the situation and the risks to which its 2 plants in Spain might be exposed.
- Presently, Spain leads EU with most LNG regasification capacity accounting for 32% of the total EU capacity, and receiving liquefied pressurized gas (LPG) from different origins.
- Spain’s gross electricity generation comes from renewable sources, followed by nuclear energy and finally gas with only 17,6%. Thus, the gas shortage has less impact on the electricity production in Spain than in the rest of the EU. Moreover, MORCHEM is strongly investing in solar energy already self-generating 10% of its needed energy.
- MORCHEM, included in the strategic sector during the COVID pandemic, would be given preference to receive energy supply, as it provides essential services for basic social functions.
- Raw material supply: MORCHEM has a wide range of approved suppliers in different geographical areas, having sufficient alternatives to assure production in case of EU suppliers should fail due to energy shortages.
More information on attached documents
Sustainability. Our Commitment
Our commitment is to use resources more efficiently to help maintain the quality of life of current and future generations. Our sustainability strategy is based on making processes more efficient and developing products that are more respectful with the environment. Packaging biodegradability and compostability are some of the challenges for the coming years.
Novel commercial products
Working with 2 product lines
- Recyclable adhesives
- Compostable adhesives
Both ensuring that our customers can offer sustainable market solutions.
- More than 20% of raw materials used are from renewable sources.
- Near future: Increase percentage by including other raw materials that are currently based on oil chemistry but which already have renewable alternatives, albeit at a much higher cost.
With the new plant in Guadalajara, we have also reduced the energy impact on the manufacturing processes of our products.
- Increased efficiency of the energy input for heating and cooling of our processes.
- Reduced water usage / consumption.
- Waste reduction in the process through most efficient separation technologies and bulk raw material handling.
Always collaborating with logistic service providers committed
to a sustainable supply chain.